Thursday, May 24, 2018

Still ...

It's an empty feeling.
Weird it is.

Celebrating and preparing for a happy, precious family event, you are reminded of a time when all was not well.
Decisions made that somehow hide on you like a tick.
Even when found and destroyed, you have that feeling it is still on you.
Is it being a pessimist or a realist when realizing your actions of years ago will have reactions years later?
I don't know.
I do know that empty feeling I had is growling and attempting to swallow me and take me to dark places.
I don't want that.
Still.
It is that take the high road approach you are taught by wise people, like parents.
Still.
Look on the bright side. Something wonderful is going to take place.
This is not the time nor the place to derail it.
Still.
This is not punishment.
It is just the way it is meant to be.
The sun came up and is shining bright in a clear blue sky this morning.
Still ...




No comments:

Post a Comment