Saturday, May 26, 2018

Detour from the high road

You have people come in and out of your life.
Some good, helpful. Some bad, disruptive.

Some good ones go back and forth. Maybe a lot, or maybe once.
I am experiencing the latter.
It stings, hurts and stinks.
It is hard to turn the other cheek or take the high road.
This person has been there for you in some bad times.
Without him, I would have fallen. He was there to make me see things would get better.
I am very thankful for that.
Right now, though, I at times wish he would retire. He has the years in and is nearing the age of 65.
He has been a good boss, mentor and colleague.
It's just we are at a point at work where we all are being asked to do even more. All hands on deck.
However, he has not stepped up. At least not in my eyes.
He asked a question the other day about a former co-worker. He was looking for supplies in a nearby filing cabinet.
I felt he just asked it as a did it as a courtesy. It stung. It made me resentful.
That feeling stayed with me.
Take the high road a voice keeps telling me.
Sorry, voice.
I am taking a detour.
I will get back on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment