Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm singing the Russian Blues

I cannot believe a cat can be so observant about the environment around him.

I watched a Cats 101 episode on Animal Planet recently and it talked about Russian Blues.

Smokey, our adopted cat, is a Russian Blue.

He is quite the character.

I found out from the program that this line of cats does not like change.

So a month ago when we were on vacation, staying home rather than visit some place, that is why he was on edge. Make that a lot.

Russian Blues have routines.

Not a comedy act, but a set way of life. You mess with it and their world goes poof.

This explains why a few months ago when he was part of a weather forecast I did for the newspaper I work for, he would hide, hiss and howl not to go.

After I stopped taking him to work or filming a spot with him, it took three weeks for Smokey not to go and hide. Life is good for him.

I would like to point out, however, that I find it annoying that part of his routine is waking me up between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. That is something I feel can and will be changed.

We shall see.

Never mind what the experts say that Russian Blues are very fond of their owners.

I want some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment