Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday night on the radio

Here it is, Friday night.

I sit at the table in the kitchen and update my Facebook and Twitter, Check the e-mails and post a few songs for my friends.

Joining me is a radio station out of Chicago ... online.

Hmmmm.

Thirty years ago, I was listening to the radio, a station out of Chicago, and enjoying life as smart ass teenager.

Those were the days.

We lived our lives through our music. The heavy stuff for the heat of the moment. The ballads for the tenderness.

Tonight I listened to Electric Light Orchestra's "Roll Over Beethoven."

The album the song is one was among the first 8-track tapes I purchased. Some of you remember the 8-track. That was followed by cassette tapes, CDs, DVDs and music downloads to a mobile player.

ELO rocked me through my junior and senior years.

On those weekend nights when the friends were elsewhere or you had to work, the music moved us.

It is a feeling I have tonight.

To take a line from an Elton John song, thank God my music is still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment