Friday, June 15, 2018

Comfort zone

It's so nice to sit and relax in a comfort zone.
Nothing to bother you. Nothing to get under your skin. Nothing that will shake your mental state.

I find it hard to be in social settings.
Gatherings such as parties and business functions.
Odd it is.
As a journalist, I talk to people every day. I write about people every day. I go sit in courtrooms Monday through Friday.
Why the problem?
It could be the people I share a courtroom with are those that come into your life for less than an hour on that day. There are some I see again.
That is not the case with most of the lawyers, clerks and bailiffs. Or the probation officers and police officers.
I am glad they are there, but I get that itchy feeling and make a quick exit.
It is nothing personal.
It is all mental on my part.
I need to trust. I need to let faith guide me.
I need those things to pop the comfort zone bubble I currently reside in.
The one that goes out about 100 feet.
Time to get over awkwardness.
Time to interact.
Time to get out of the comfort zone.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment