Monday, November 14, 2011

A photo of my hero

A picture is worth a thousand words.


I found that out Friday night surfing the hometown newspaper's website.

The Journal and Courier in Lafayette, Ind., does a great job of capturing their circulation world. So many fantastic photographers have and do work the magic that ranks right up there with the big boys.

My Dad is a member of the Honor Guard for American Legion Post 11. It was Veterans Day and the guard was part of the events that took place downtown.

Journal and Courier photographer John Terhune worked his magic.

He got some great shots of the guard before and during the ceremony.

Every year I look for the photo gallery on Veterans Day. I was not disappointed.

Lots of great pics, including a couple with Dad.

Then there was the closeup of Dad.

I looked at it. I had goosebumps.

Terhune had caught my Dad in the perfect picture for all the years he has been a proud Honor Guard member.

What a wonderful photo of the man who I cannot come close to being the kind of man he is.

It is one of the most precious gifts I have received. (Don't tell my Dad, but I ordered a copy for him.)

And it is a picture that is worth an infinite number of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment