Monday, November 28, 2011

Long winter's nap

When I got home tonight, I looked to the sky.

The cold, gray clouds told the story -- wintry weather is coming.

Now we will escape to our hibernation spots (living rooms, family rooms, man caves, woman craft hideaway).

Cloudy days will outnumber sunny and blue skies 3 to 1.

I feel the change in the weather in my knees., and my sinuses.

Our laptops and smart phones will become our best buddies.

We are preparing to take a long winter's nap.

It is the time of year I fear. Lurking in those shadowy areas are the demons and monsters that take hold of me.

This to shall pass.

It seems as if this year more lines of communication have been cut off.

We had been close and now everyone seems far again.

I must remember our lives are complicated and demand attention.

Friends just can't let things hang.

I must remember to be thoughtful and thankful.

Time to go now and get that extra comforter. I am preparing to hunker down.



No comments:

Post a Comment