Sunday, November 20, 2011

The child becomes the parent

When does the child become the parent?


Or, when does the child step in and take a bigger role?

Damn parents and getting older and their health changes.

Where is that damn book to help?

Better yet, where is the magic wand to make it all better.

That hug that had magical powers. Like the one Mom used to take away the pain of a badly sprained ankle. That arm around the shoulder from Dad telling you all would be well.

I hear the sands in the hour glass falling. I did not hear that before.

I strongly dislike you father time.

But ... I must grow even more.

I am your child forever, but now I must become much more.


1 comment:

  1. Never learned that we were in the class all along....we just missed the final exams....and are now in the 4th quarter and asked to take the field!

    ReplyDelete