Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Living inside a box

Do you feel boxed in?

Good question, right?

Not really.

I have to start thinking about this and it means digging deep within so more.

I should stop whining and learn being an adult means doing stuff like this.

But wait.

Can you be labeled an adult if you act like a teen whose hormones just started raging?

I'm not sure what to think.

There are times I do feel boxed, but I feel that comes from me. Not from people who love and care for me.

Indeed it is quite an interesting predicament.

I have said a few times over the years I would be a good sheepherder. Not because I would do a good job, but it seems to be a job for someone who is a loner.

Yes, I find I am more comfortable sitting on a hillside than in a room with other people. That doesn't mean I have troubles at work.

I just don't think of myself as adding much to anything.

So I find sitting on the couch in my gym shorts and surfing the Internet more to my liking or speed.

In fact, I should just go out and enjoy life. It is too short.

I just have found many ways to make it more complicated.

There was a basketball coach who always told me after finishing and after-game interview, "Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be."

He's right.

Now if I could just see these box cutters in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment