Monday, December 5, 2011

The toy store is closing

Life is not fair.


My Dad told me that a few times when I ranted about injustices in my work or how I was treated by others.

I didn't get it for a lot of years.

But I get it now.

We can want something, but it might come to us in a different shape, form or way than we wanted it.

There can be consequences as well.

Thus, we must take what is given us. We cannot just leave it on a doorstep.

A person who passed last year, finally earned recognition Monday for his career.

There are those not happy this man was denied this honor while he was living.

I agree it is bittersweet, but life is not fair.

Maybe it is the man's journey with illness that is more of an area to focus. He went through a lot and didn't complain.

Nope. It wasn't his style.

What about people in this country and around the world who are trying to survive. They are battling disease, ethnic cleansing drought and a hundred other things.

Life is not fair.

The injustice is we put too much into stuff that doesn't matter to many.

Today for me, the toy store known as sports closed.

Events over the course of the past month led me to this decision.

Even in the real world, things are unreal.

But at least one less diversion to divert my attention will help.

It's only fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment