Monday, September 26, 2011

What is it about forks in the road?

Oh, those forks in the road.


Damn if they don't make life interesting.

"No one said life was going to be easy." I hear being yelled at me from a forest as I look at the two roads.

It is not the easy part that gets me. It is what goes into choosing one way over the other.

Toss a coin in the air? Rock, paper, scissor it?

Looking at all the facts does help.

It still doesn't help feel better.

In my 50 years on this earth, I have learned that feeling better happens after you have traveled down the chosen path.

I had one such fork in the road experience recently.

I have to say, it felt like pulling a bandage off. There is a sharp, quick pain and then you are back to a normal feeling.

That does not mean you are over it.

No.

The cut is healed or healing and you still rub your hand over it.

What the hell was I thinking?

That's the point. Up until the fork comes, there is not much thought. There is theory and debate.

Decision time is at the point of no return, or so we think.

I think there have been a couple of times after I decided to take one route over the other that I cut through and found the other route.

I am learning so much. Lots of it is good. Some of it is not pretty. I owe a lot of people apologies.

This self-centered man has been stuck at the age of 9 for 41 years.

Now it is time to make hay and grow.

The temper must be corralled. The outbursts put away. The anger tamed.

Now is the time to use more reasoning and to take deep breaths.

Nothing has been solved with a raging volcano.

Damn!

I have been experienced growing pains in recent weeks. They are good.

In my quiet times, which are many, I see where I am and what ti took to get here.

The picture is becoming clearer.

The start of life on the other side of 50 is starting quiet.

Time to get the map out and prepare for a few more forks in the road.











No comments:

Post a Comment