Thursday, September 29, 2011

Father and daughters

The joys of being a father.


Parenting is the toughest job you will ever love.

A few times I have joked that God gave me daughters because he knows what a wolf I was during my days of dating in high school and college.

Sure I had that nice young man act down, but getting me in the back seat of the folks' Pontiac Le Mans and I was Casanova.

So when it came time to be a parent, He gave me daughters.

Meghann and Courtney are wonderful daughters.

I think of them as competitive sisters. There is a love between them but at times it can be tough.

It has been tough on me.

Now as young adults, the ball is in their court.

How they act and react to things is up to them.

As far as I can tell, they are doing good.

There have been peaks and valleys between us. I would not trade any of it. Or change any of it.

It has made me appreciate my relationship with each of them.

And it has shed light on my interaction with my parents. Boy, I am sorry I put them through hell. They deserved much better.

My wish for Meghann and Courtney is to have open hearts and a caring ear. Give to others as those who gave to you and helped you on your journey.

I am very proud to say I am the father of Meghann and Courtney. And I am happy to have been blessed with daughters like them.

You two will never know how much I love you and admire you.

Go and light the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment