Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trying to slow down my life

Can anyone help?

I am looking for the pause or freeze button on life.

Here I am in middle age and life is passing me by too damn fast.

My folks are getting older. No way!

But I look at them and see they have aged some. I rub my eyes and I see them as they were 30 years ago. Then I blink and they are in the mid-70s.

Mom and Dad are still vibrant. But when did they lose the skip in the step? Where did that extra ounce of energy sneak off to.

I want to freeze them in time.

Then if you have children, they are probably now adults entering that stage of life's journey I would love to be back in.

Just tonight I was thinking, it was fun back in my 20s and there was three-quarters of my life ahead of me.

Accepting I am the age I am is not the problem. I just was hoping I had more time with family.

The older ones are heading off the stage, while the younger ones are taking their spots to grab the headliner role.

Damn. When did life hit the fast forward button?

No comments:

Post a Comment