Friday, September 24, 2010

Come on get happy with the Partridge Family

Hard to fathom that 40 years ago (Sept. 25, 2010) "The Partridge Family" debuted on ABC.

It followed another favorite of mine, "The Brady Bunch."

On a Friday night, it was a great way to spend an hour.

I believe my first TV crush was Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady). Then came along Susan Dey as Laurie Partridge. Oh, heart be still.

To this day, I do not think my Dad understands what I saw in those shows.

If I remember, he called the TV the boob tube. It had to do with it being mindless. Not like books, which made you learn.

Oh, the generational differences. But Dad didn't kick me out.

The shows were great getaways. Forget the crap going on in fourth grade. I have to learn the new song to impress my classmates come Monday.

Boy, I lived for those shows.

And I will catch an episode here and there from time to time. And YouTube makes it possible to listen and watch the Partridges perform their songs.

"I'll Meet You Halfway" is one song that made me think of a certain girl in the neighborhood who I was in love with. As a matter of fact, I still have a tender spot in my heart for her.

Enough for the trip down memory lane.

Back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment