Thursday, September 23, 2010

Foundation shaken but can be repaired

How many of you have had your foundation shaken?

You are out there all alone.

There is family and friends, but you still are flying solo.

An empty feeling hits.

The fixing part doesn't seem close.

Doubt becomes that vulture watching you.

You would give anything to take the pain away, whether it is yours or someone you know.

I long for the days when I would be comforted by the hug from my Mom. Or Dad putting his arm around me and telling me in that matter of fact way that the dark will become light.

That feeling is there, but ...

I will continue to look for the magic wand or that hero.

Though the path is long, I know I am covered.

The pain I feel is not hurtful but growing pains.

These days I look in the mirror and the person I see I tend to like.

The guy is working on strengthening his foundation.

Coming out on the other side will be a wiser, stronger, more thoughtful man, co-worker, friend and stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment