Sunday, August 15, 2010

These are the days

Here it is Sunday night. again.

Damn, where did my weekend go?

Oh, that's right, I slept part of it away. There was the yard work and then the lazy bug hit me.

No complaining.

I sat on the porch this afternoon looking out at the yard.

It was May just two weeks ago. My friends who are teachers were happy they were at the end of a school year. Other friends were making plans for vacations, baseball games and parties.

All right then. Who stole our summer?

As brutally hot as it has been this summer, I want to bottle up as much of this as I can for winter. Reports are coming in that it will be a snowy, cold one here in the Great Lakes region.

A 110 heat index will cut that 20-below wind chill as I am running the snow blower.

Again, no complaints.

A year after reconnecting with classmates and friends, I am very thankful to be here sitting at the kitchen table writing.

Life is marching on.

I just wish I could find the slowdown button.

Enjoy another work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment