Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pulling weeds

Late Sunday afternoon, armed with a small spade, I took to weeding the lawn.

Forget the weed killer.

Not only was it a way to go green. It was a way to sweat and enjoy quality time.

Some of the weeds can be pesky, but it reminds me that some times we have to be patient.

Then there are those weeds that have a strong root system. Taking time to get to the root of a problem makes us understand and maybe educates us.

Those weeds that are like an octopus challenge us to round up all the arms or shoots to corral the beast.

For an hour, I battled the weeds.

In that time, I also thought about life. We have to take time to clean things up to give us a better picture.

That's the lesson for today.

Wait until I prune a tree or two. Now that is some heavy lumber to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment