Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Learning to be an ear

At the end of the work day, I talked to a co-worker.

He had been working on a project and doing another good job. He cares about his work.

I was looking over some of his work and kind of barked at him. I do it because he wants to get better. It was gruff people who taught me to grow and improve.

As I was explaining why I did something, I told him, "I know I can be an ass some times, but I am working on being a nose more often."

It drew a laugh from another co-worker.

As I was driving home, I thought about the statement.

It is true. I need to grow myself and that means learning to say tough things in a positive way. That does not mean to baby co-workers.

I am sure in time I will learn to be a big toe or even an elbow.

I feel I am a bad ass at times, but my bark is worst then my ass chewing.

I just have to learn more body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment