Tuesday, July 3, 2018

We were friends

I learned on Monday of the passing of a high school classmate.
Mary-Rose passed away on June 11. She had battled health issues for years.

We lost a wonderful person but heaven gained a bright star.
I met Mary-Rose in journalism class.
We went on to be on the school's newspaper staff.
We went to a few movies together and enjoyed talking current events.
Years later I look back and realize it was one of the first relationships I had with a young lady where we didn't date.
We were friends.
Years later, I cherish it.
I learned males and females could have relationships without it going further.
They are as wonderful a relationship as one that blooms into romance.
They are needed.
It grounds us.
It helps us see the world with an objective point of view.
I was so happy to reconnect with Mary-Rose later in life, via social media.
We saw each other once at a class reunion. It was great to be able to hug an dear friend.
Today I hug the world for Mary-Rose.
Smile on from up above, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment