Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A sigh and a grunt

What do the sigh and the grunt mean.


To me, the sigh was relief to get some dirty laundry out in the open.

I have known for some time this stuff would have to come out.

Or, maybe the sigh was my way of preparing for the hurt I was about to administer to a person close to me.

As for the grunt, it could be a sign of getting down to business.

Taking responsibility for the action that caused me to hurt this person. This person who cares very much for me.

How could I just toss aside that love and caring and be so selfish.

Then again, the grunt could be a sound I made because I wanted to be elsewhere at the moment.

That would not be right.

I need to take responsibility for my mistakes.

Will it make it all be good again?

Will it take us back to before I decided to think with other parts of my body rather than rely on my brain?

Good questions but no answers at this point.

I said once to this person,"Run as far away as you can because I can implode."

It did not deter her.

But there has been a lot of growing on each party's part.

There is a new found strength in her.

It is like watching a baby take those first steps. One, two, three and then splat on the floor.

But then she gets back up and goes at it again and again.

We are dealing with monsters we have hidden in a closet for many years. More than just the ones we have spent together.

We opened the doors and now it is time to confront the monsters.

We do not know how it will end, but we are willing to take them on.

A sigh and a grunt.

I think there are a lot more of those to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment