Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How about another voting option

I think it would be great if they allowed voters the right to vote "present" in elections.

Lawmakers get to do such a thing.

Then they are not voting yes or no.

There have been many times during this election cycle that I have cringed when seeing a political commercial or reading a political mailer. Negative is just so not cool to me.

Give me the five-point plan to get the economy back on track, or how to end the budget fiasco in Springfield, Illinois.

I want substance.

Allowing voters the opportunity to vote "present" is like a no-confidence vote.

There is the option of not voting at all, but I want my vote to be heard.

I just do not want to give it to any candidates I do not deem worthy.

No more voting for the lesser of the evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment