Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Political parties and organizations just don't get it

While out of town last week, I saw a few political ads for races in other states.

Lots of negative spots.

One is similar to a spot running in my home state in the Congressional district I reside in.

It deals with a claims a candidate is going to cut Social Security. It has senior citizens telling a candidate he/she doesn't get it. Do not cut their Social Security.

The one in my district is better. The seniors are more agitated. I am not making fun of them.

It is just amazing that organizations and candidates pit one age group against another.

They say the media divides the masses on politics.

I think ads like these do just the same.

I am getting tired of political parties or organizations splintering us.

This is the United States of America. It is not the splinter the tired, poor masses that you do not think are smart enough to know better.

Like the one gentleman says in an ad, you just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment