Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flawed, but I am just going to be me

Practice what you preach.


It really isn't about what I say or do. It is about walking the walk and talking the talk.

I do not think I have been true to that for quite some time.

Am I good person?

No.

Flawed, yes.

We are all works in progress. It's just that some of us are further along than others. And some of us are bringing up the rear.

For many years I have felt that I am a bad person who tries to do good.

I have found out it is just a matter or living, learning, growing and keeping faith.

Faith in the One above. Faith in family and friends. Faith that whatever happens, we will be all right.

I used to admire actors, athletes, singers and so many others. I also admired ordinary folks.

Nearing the age of 50, I realize that was just a pipe dream.

Everyone has a troubling side. Some hide it better than others.

Why be fake or hang around fake.

I'm just going to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment