Friday, October 30, 2009

The end of the vacation

At 5:05 p.m. (CT) Friday, the two-week vacation came to an end.

Along with the wife, we headed to the office. We work for the same company.

Dawn had to catch up on paperwork.

As for me, I needed to get a complete a monthly project that is due Monday. Happy to say I got that in shape and sent off.

For the record, we both checked our work e-mail accounts at least once a day while on vacation.

These days it is essential to keep on top of it and clear all the spam out of the way, instead of having 2,000 e-mails waiting for you.

Some co-workers were still working. They asked why I was there. I told them it was after 5 o'clock on Friday. The vacation was officially over.

Even when you get ahead at the beginning of a vacation, you are trailing because a mountain of work awaits upon your return.

No complaint, just an observation.

So, after two hours, we were done and out the door.

And as I write this entry, I am still relaxed.

It felt like I was gone two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment