Thursday, October 29, 2009

Welcome to my world

Good evening.

On my way to read a friend's blog, I stopped to create a personal blog.

I write one for The Daily Journal in Kankakee, Ill. It is called Bontyful.

I have been at the newspaper for 23 years. I am currently the Web/Wire editor. I also write a weekly column for the paper.

I have a funky cat named Smokey. He is a neutered male Russian Blue. He is declawed on his front paws, but has a heck of a grip and great back paw claws. My wife and I adopted him in August 2008. Someone left him in the neighborhood.

Smokey has his own Facebook (Cat Bonty) and Twitter (Smokey Bonty) pages. For a month or two he was The Daily Journal's weather cat before being let go in a contract dispute. He now does a daily forecast on his Facebook page.

You can also find me on Facebook (Jeff Bonty) and Twitter (bontyful). Smokey and I run an imaginery radio staion on my Facebook page. I link tunes from YouTube. Depends on our mood or request we get.

You will find out I live a boring life, but somehow I find things to write about each day.

Do not be alarmed if I ask you questions. It is a way I research and come up with blog and column ideas. I am curious. Maybe that is why I got into the newspaper business.

As I tell my friends and co-workers, sit back and enjoy a different view of every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment