Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Top hat kind of life

I paid for the wedding reception yesterday.
I forgot how to spell such big words such as thousand.

The manager of the hall we rented asked if all was ready for Saturday.
"As far as I know. No one has changed their mind,"
I was halfheartedly making fun of me.
Back at work, I told co-workers they were more than welcome to crash the shindig.
I said I was thinking about buying a top hat to go with my suit.
Thinking about the top hat, I got to thinking about magicians and them using the top hat for tricks.
I feel it also is a magical hat for a couple who just married.
There is the euphoria after the ceremony.
Then life gets in the way.
We have some magic but not like before.
That is our fault.
Every day is magic.
We must keep working to make it even more so.
That is not a knock.
It's an observation.
We can pull a rabbit out our top hit every day.
Maybe that is why it is called a top hat.



No comments:

Post a Comment