Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wondering how I fit into this world

Closing in on my 49th birthday and I am still trying to find my place in this world.

I have a parent who will tell me I am being too hard on myself. A few others will say I am being irrational.

It doesn't matter.

What have I done to make things better?

I find myself asking that question a lot.

As a journalist, I have written about other people and their accomplishments.

I am not envious. I am not jealous. I am searching.

Maybe I need to be on a reality television show, or do some outlandish stunt.

Or maybe, I just need to keep on doing what I do best.

Listening. I don't have any answers.

For me, just being there for others is a big thing.

Thanks for listening. I feel better.

2 comments:

  1. 1) The design of this blog is pretty!
    2) You're almost 50! Happy birthday to you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday will be Aug. 16. thanks for the kudos on the new look.

    Calling me, "my friend." Priceless.

    ReplyDelete