Sunday, March 3, 2013

Those Corral times

For some reason, I am thinking about the outside doors at my high school.


Strange. Yes.

Interesting. Maybe.

I remember entering the school through the doors leading into the school gym. It was then a walk through a long hall that led to more doors that took you into the school and the huge area called "The Corral."

It got its name from the school's athletic nickname, Bronchos."

There is another story on that spelling of the nickname. Maybe a typo, maybe a way to have the team standout.

But I loved those walks through the school into that Corral.

I never knew what to expect. But it was the place to be before the doors to the other part of the building where our lockers and the classrooms were.

Many a replay of the weekend that was took place here. Even the planning of the weekend activities took place here.

There may have been checking of homework, possible plagiarism  I'm not sure and I think the statue of limitations has run out.

This is the place where romance bloomed or died.

There was much joking, consoling, conspiring and a lot else that took place in that Corral.

It's been 30-plus years since those days.

Some times, like on this day, I think back to those times.

I think it was called the Corral is because they could keep us all in one spot and at the age of 15, 16, 17 or 18, we were wild horses.

Why did it take so long to get it?

Maybe it is just now sinking in what a great chapter in life that was and is to recall.

They can never take away the days of hanging out in the Corral.

No comments:

Post a Comment